Amending a Birth Certificate

Errors to birth certificates may be corrected by filing an amended birth certificate. The requirements to do so are listed below:

  • The new amended birth certificate must be signed by self, parents, or legal guardian. 
  • Need valid Photo ID 
  • Must have Certified Copy of the original Birth Certificate 
  • Filing fee is $10, to the State Office of Vital Records made payable in the form of a money order 
  • $25 for a new birth certificate if you wish to purchase one at time of correction.
  • For a list of documents required and instructions to file for an amended birth certificate, please visit the Amended Birth Certificate Instructions Page 
  • For a list of required documents to amend a birth certificate please click here.
  • The form to file for an Amended Birth Certificate may be found here.