Information on Movement and Installation of Manufactured Housing
The following information was derived from the Emanuel County Land Subdivision Ordinance and Manufactured Home Ordinance.
A. Building permits are required PRIOR to moving any mobile in, out or within Emanuel County.
1. Must have on-site Sewage Management Permit from State Health Inspector if not on public sewer.
2. Need copy of recorded Plat, deed or map showing one acre or more land with minimum of 200 feet road footage on County or State road.
3. Need proper identification of Mobile Home: (Certificate of Title, Pt 41 – Dealer Statement of Sale, Bill of Sale, ETC)
4. Must have name of State Licensed Installer, with License Number
B. All Advalorem Taxes must be current.
C. Only HUD approved mobile homes may be located in Emanuel County. Must be 1977 Model or NEWER. If house is 10 years old or older, it may require an inspection to assure structure meets minimum housing standards.
D. Mobile homes must be located on a minimum of one acre unless located in a manufactured home community.
E. Mobile homes must be INSTALLED in accordance with OWNERS/MANUFACTURER INSTALLATION MANUEL, or GEORGIA FIRE SAFETY COMMISSION (O.C.G.A. 8-2-16) also: Must be installed by a STATE CERTIFIED LICENSED INSTALLER/MOVER.
1. Must have permanent skirting- (vinyl or masonry products).
2. Must have blocking piers, secured anchors, and tie down straps- Installed by STATE LICENSED INSTALLER.
3. 4’ X 6’ Landing (with steps) at all exterior doors – Built to Code: Pressure Treated Lumber, 4x4 Corner Post placed in the ground minimum of 24 inches. If landing is 30 inches or more above ground level, it must have hand rails.
4. All towing devices must be removed.
F. Mobile Home Tax Decal (which is issued when taxes are paid) Must Be Displayed on all Mobile Homes.
G. Mobile Home Site permits must be affixed to Mobile home while it is being transported in Emanuel County.
H. Set back lines:FRONT – 50 Feet from outer edge or right-of-way of State or County Road. SIDE AND BACK – 30 Feet from property lines. CORNER LOTS – 40 Feet from the right-of-way of abutting street.
I. Electric Power Must not be turned on to the Residence, until Authorization has been given by Code Enforcement.
J. 911 address must be posted by drive-way leading Directly to residence in three inch numbers or larger.
For further information and/or questions consult the actual Emanuel County Manufactured Home Ordinance and the Land Subdivision Ordinance, or The Emanuel County Code Enforcement Office.
Emanuel County Permit Application